1. If you don't already have it, download Firefox. It is a superior browser. Way more smooth than any I've used to date. You can also install cute themes. Right now, I have Hetalia. It looks like this.
2. Go to Firefox.com and go to the Add-On's tab. In the search bar, search for 'Adblock Plus'. Install it.
3. Restart your browser. Usually, after you install something, a small yellow bar will pop up in the downloads window to ask you if you'd like to restart. If you don't click it, you can restart your browser by simply opening and closing it.
4. When it starts back up, you should get a pop-up that asks you what 'Subscriptions' you'd like for Adblock Plus. The subscriptions are free. You want to choose 'Easy List (USA)' first, but if you live in another country, later you will want to add your own country's filter along with Easy List.
5. If you are in the USA, congrats. You're all set up. Please skip down to where I talk about Firefox Themes. ☺ If you're in another country, keep reading.
6. For those out of the USA, you want to add your country's block list now. Click the Stop Sign (red hexagon) in the corner of your browser. It should say 'ABP'. Click the arrow next to it, and choose ' Preferences...' then go to the top of this box and choose 'Filters' and then 'Add a Filter Subscription...'. If you do not see your country on the list, then go to 'View All Subscriptions' and choose your country from the list. If you still cannot find your country, then you can add filters individually by clicking on the little X's that appear next to ad's and blocking them.
Okay, so now that you've gotten rid of your ad's and you have firefox (or maybe you already had it), why don't I suggest some themes for you?
The themes will change the look of your browser considerably. It doesn't affect how it works, just how it looks. Themes can make browsing more fun or easier for some people.
Red Shift - for those who like a darker browser. Red Shift also comes in several other colors, such as Blue, Orange and Pink.
Red Cats (Blue Flavor) - for the cat lovers. It's a theme with cats for buttons. It comes in Blue and Green.
Internet Explorer 8 (Aero) - if you have trouble adjusting to the new browser, this theme can be very helpful. It's made to look exactly like the latest Internet Explorer, so you don't have to learn new controls. I find this is helpful for people who are used to using Internet Explorer and can't adjust to Firefox's new layout.
MacOSX - made to look exactly like the Mac's internet browser. Again, very useful for those who have trouble adjusting to new browsers.
AvantGarde (Rosepetal) - A cute theme that is pink and very nice looking. It comes in Purple (Dream), Murky Green (Mist), Black (Nightlife), Pink (Rosepetal) and Blue (Skylight).
Persona (Hetalia) - Now, if you're like me, you want your browser to reflect you or your fandom. Well, there's a nifty Firefox addon you can download from the site I linked called ' Persona'.Persona does not work unless your firefox does not have a theme assigned. It's a nifty little program that allows you to download multiple themes and change them without having to restart your browser each time. However, it doesn't change your buttons or menu's as other themes will do, but it isn't honestly that noticeable.
To install Persona, just click the link I provided next to this text and choose one of the themes you like. Underneath will be an orange bar asking you to 'Get Persona'. Simply click it, download the program and restart your browser. You will be redirected back to the theme you wanted to download (or you can use the link here to find the Hetalia ones again). Once installed, just hovering over a theme will show you a preview of how it looks.
To download the theme, just click the theme you'd like and underneath, it should say 'Use Theme'. It will automatically be assigned to your browser and you'll be able to use it. ♥
Hope I've helped! Thanks for reading!